About Me

My photo
My name is Anna, and I work as a primary school teacher in greater London. I love eating pizza and watching TV with my husband. I also love painting glass, and any other crafty pursuits that give me a chance to make a mess! I am on a bit of a mission to learn how to cook, bake, sew and generally make things before I have children. I'm trying to learn something new each day. I really value your support, so thank you for following me xx

Monday 31 October 2011

Handmade Halloween

Hello and Happy Halloween!

This weeks Handmade Monday is inspired by Halloween and Pinterest. For those of you who don't use Pinterest yet - you must try it before Christmas! It's absolutley packed with ideas for amazing things to make and do. If you want to see what I mean have a look at my 'things I'd love to make' board.

Anyhoo. Here are some things that I found on Pinterest that were recreated in my home for Halloween.


Using old jam jars, vintage poison labels and some plastic bugs, I made these cocktail jars.






 With some plastic bug rings, I made some wine charms (and forgot to take pictures of them on wine glasses!)


We also had an infestation of bats. I wanted them to look like they were swooping out from the cupboards.



I also made some rats to go up the stairs - which I was REALLY pleased with. Alas, I forgot to take a picture. Damn the Halloween excitment going to my head!


Finally, my message for the evening:


 Thank you for reading, have a spooky evening!

Don't forget to check out Handmade Monday

xxx


8 comments:

  1. Inspired! Clever ideas esp the wine charms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Such a lot of fun ideas there - especially love the poison jars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great things to do! I must check out this pinterest thing, especially if it gives you ideas like that! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you really did get the Halloween bug! Love the bats and the cocktail jars!

    Happy Halloween to you....

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  5. *runs, shrieking from the blog*

    Love that you have taken the Halloween theme on board :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those bats. Would love to have seen picture of the rats too but then it might have been too scary to look at.!!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the bats, not so sure about the rats, so perhaps no pic is good for me. Looks like a fun Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant looking party - hope you had a spookily good time!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete