About Me

My photo
My name is Anna, and I work as a primary school teacher in greater London. I love eating pizza and watching TV with my husband. I also love painting glass, and any other crafty pursuits that give me a chance to make a mess! I am on a bit of a mission to learn how to cook, bake, sew and generally make things before I have children. I'm trying to learn something new each day. I really value your support, so thank you for following me xx

Sunday 10 April 2011

Handmade Monday and Other Antics

Making has been a bit slow recently, the end of term is always manic and I've not had much chance to pick up a paintbrush. This is a accumulation of some things from the past two weeks.


Mothers Day:
 My Nan had a saying, which my family adopted: ' Don't cry - eat your cake'. Which I think means something along the lines of, ' shut up, get on with it, and have a bit of cake'

My nan died nearly 23 years ago, and the saying is still going strong. I painted this on to a mirror for my mum to hang in the kitchen:

Excuse the dodgy angle of the photo!



Emma's Birthday
My good friend Emma turns 25 this week. She makes wonderful cakes, and I painted her this mixing bowl as one of her presents.

I had to resist the urge to just cover it with cupcakes and try to think of something more original. It's hard to see in the picture, but I used pearl outliner to give it a 'hand stitched' look.



The Butterflies are Back!
I don't seem to be able to go too long without covering some poor unsuspecting glass with butterflies. Here are a couple of recent victims.


And finally
Thought I'd show of some of my class' handmade mother's day cards.  Bless 'em!




Please visit Showcase Sunday and Hand Made Monday for some amazing blogs. 

Anna x

18 comments:

  1. The mirror is such a lovely idea...I bet your mum was chuffed to bits with it! I love,love,love the mixing bowl..I want one!! :)

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mirror is fab. I love when I get commissions for family sayings as they are so personal.

    Thanks for taking part in HM x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, the class cards look fab :) I also really like the mixing bowl, such a lovely gift for a cake maker!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love EVERYTHING!!!
    The kids cards are brill for mothers day.
    Well done x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work as always! Love the mirror, the bowl, the cards and glasses - hmm, that'll be everything then...

    Butterflies are always popular and those glasses are so pretty.

    Ali x
    Ali's Craft Studio

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful items you have made so talented I adore cupcakes and love incorporating them in my designs too they are so much fun x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your creations are beautiful, love the butterflies and the mixing bowl will give hours of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your friend must have been so happy with the mixing bowl!Well done for finding the time to create with your hectic schedule! Love that saying too :)bet your Mum smiled when you gave her the mirror. The class cards are soooo cute! Seems like you have an artistic bunch!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea for the mirror, bet your mum loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the mixing bowl...what a great idea!!
    I am also coveting your butterflies....how are you at dragonflies? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great saying! and what a lovely mixing bowl you did for your friend - I bet she will love it. I LOVE those Cupcake cards for mother's Day.
    Hapy Handmade Monday
    Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore the mirror. And the saying rules. I think I might have to adopt that as a little saying for well...everyday lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mirror looks great but my fav has to be the butterflies on the glasses. I love them. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your nan's saying is right- you can't go far wrong with cake!

    The mixing bowl is just fab and the glasses with the butterflies are gorgeous, have to say the purple and yellow ones are my favourite. Beautiful items that I want!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's all great, but the bowl is super! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab mirror, love the sentiment. Hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your Nan's saying, it's really difficult to photograph mirrors so I think you done really well.

    Enjoy your time off.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. a cupcake on the glass? lovely idea! :) oh and i love the cupcake cards. ive been very much into a cupcake theme recently :)

    ReplyDelete