About Me

My photo
My name is Anna, and I work as a primary school teacher in greater London. I love eating pizza and watching TV with my husband. I also love painting glass, and any other crafty pursuits that give me a chance to make a mess! I am on a bit of a mission to learn how to cook, bake, sew and generally make things before I have children. I'm trying to learn something new each day. I really value your support, so thank you for following me xx

Monday 19 September 2011

Handmade Monday

Hello there! Thanks for stopping by.

Last week was a tough old week at school, and I've found myself longing to stay home and paint rather than be in the classroom. It worries me that I seem to enjoy teaching less with each year that passes - maybe it's a mid twenties crisis!

But I've snuck into the craft room long enough this week to make a couple of things for show and tell. My husband showed me how to take some better pictures this weekend so hopefully these are clearer than my usual mobile phone shots!

Strawberry Margarita Glass 


It's quite summery, I know, but I've just been meaning to paint this for a while now. 


Chocolate Caramel Martini



I wanted to create an autumnal glass that was a bit grown up, so with galaxy caramel on the brain this is what I came up with. 


A Trio of New Glasses


A big thank you to those of you who commented on the new glass shape last week, I feel loads better about them now. A customer ordered 3 of them in different designs, so thought I'd show off the new shapes in all their glory. One still needs a name added to the base. 

Thank you for reading - have a crafty week!

Please check out Handmade Monday xxx

12 comments:

  1. Your glasses are gorgeous! What a great idea for a gift for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely -can relate to the school thing. I've been a teacher for 15 years. and i'd love to be able to spend all my time creating. It's probably why I ended up teaching art, rather than staying in Primary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new photography - it makes a big difference. I also love that strawberry glass - would be a lovely way to serve strawberries and cream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pics look even better.

    The first few weeks of the Autumn term are always challenging but hang on in there... this too will pass, I promise :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful glasses as always - I can't eat strawberries but that glass makes me wish I could!

    Sorry that you aren't enjoying the teaching at the moment (both my parents were teachers so I understand completely!)

    The photographs are excellent too.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Autumnal feel of the new glasses and yes pics do look better. I used to teach and know how you feel, set yourself a target to aim for, makes it easier. Remember you're only human.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The strawberry glass is so different, you have been busy this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your glasses are gorgeous - particularly like the ones with butterflies. Hope things improve at work as term settles down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your glasses and can sympathise with the mid twenties crisis! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Martini glasses - especially the one with the purple butterflies. I love your strawberry design too! They really stand out. Well done on the crafty makes.

    If things look really dull at work and show no signs of changing, perhaps its time to look at greener pastures... like you own craft business?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anna your glasses are beautiful as usual, the strawberry one catches the summer so well and I love the caramel butterflies. (love galaxy caramel too)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the autumnal colours. Maybe teaching is just settling down into being a job, we all long to come home from work, its when you dread going into work that you know something is really wrong.

    ReplyDelete